MECHANISM OF ACTION:
Calcium alginate has high absorption properties. When in contact with wound secretions, the calcium alginate fibres transform into a gentle gel which fills the wound bed. The resultant gel creates the ideal environment for the healing of the wound: optimal moisture levels that improve granulation and epidermal processes, ensures thermal insulation, ensures mechanical isolation that protects the wound from outside infection while not interfering with gas exchange.
Polisept® Vet AL is an absorbent dressing and can be used for both shallow and deep, penetrating wounds.
Wound exudate level: abundant or medium.
1. Rinse the wound with POLISEPT® VET IRRIGATION or POLISEPT® VET SPRAY
2. Dry the skin around the wound, but lightly moisten the wound bed itself.
3. Adjust the size of the dressing such that it covers the entire surface of the wound. Leave an additional 2 cm margin.
4. Place POLISEPT® VET AL directly on the wound. In the case of deep wounds, they can be filled with an appropriately cut amount of dressing.
5. Cover the alginate dressing with an additional external dressing (to be secured with either a bandage or plaster).
POLISEPT® VET AL should be used until wound secretions are minimal or stop altogether.