isotonic fluid WITH NANOSILVER for the irrigation (bathing) of all kinds of wounds, and the preparation of the wound bed for further treatment, including surgical intervention.
POLISEPT® VET Wound Irrigation SILVER PRO 500ml is applied as an adjuvant in the care and treatment of:
- surgical wounds
- acute wounds, both sterile and infected (incl. wound pockets and recesses)
- chronic wounds (bedsores, ulcerations), whether infected or not
- localised 1st– and 2nd-degree burns
- bedsores, abscesses, and ulcerations
- perioperative wound protection
- removal of dressing stuck to a wound
- flushing the anal sacs
The unique qualities of POLISEPT® VET Wound Irrigation SILVER PRO result from the synergy of two active ingredients contained in the osmotic fluid: the antimicrobial polyhexanide (PHMB) and betaine, a surfactant which effectively helps remove all mechanical and biological contaminations, including bacterial biofilm.
Additionally, the nanocolloidal silver has a strongly antibacterial effect in comparison with typical antibiotics.
POLISEPT® VET Wound Irrigation SILVER PRO can therefore yield excellent results both in TIME wounds workflow, lavaseptics, and further treatment.
- Clean the contaminated wounds, remove biological contaminations, such as remnants of necrotic tissues, clots, fibrin, and scabs.
- Remove mechanical non-organic contaminations.
- Remove bacterial biofilm.
- Stimulate natural regeneration processes in the wound, and thus accelerate the healing process.
- Moisturise and maintain the correct hydration of wounds (that is, the appropriate water balance).
- Non-invasively remove dressing stuck to a wound and scabs, which prevents the risk of re-contaminating a damaged wound during change of dressing.